My dear friend, living accross the globe Barry from "Life in Quotations" gave me the "Super Comments Award".
Since i came across his blog by accident, i found myself attracted to his writings. they are simply "simple". by being personal writings saying very much about what he thinks or feels. for many it might not be somehting fancy or big- but for me his writings have always touched me, because they come from his heart and went directly to mine.
Barry, thank you so much for the award. you know how much your friendship means to me, how much i appreciate the way you listen to me, and the way your support at one of the darkest moments of my life made me feel "human" again.
thank you for being my friend :)))))
Here are the rules:
•Thank the person who nominated you.
•Post the award in your blog.
•Link to the person who gave it to you.
•Answer 10 questions that come with the award.
•Nominate of few of your favorite bloggers.
1. Why do you blog?
I am used to writing my thoughts and feelings on word document and save them on the MSN skydrive. never thought of sharing them.
then Ze2red came with the idea that i should blog. i instantly refused. i have nothing to say. what i write is pure personal and wouldn't interest anyone to read.
one day I was calling my teacher and found him ill. he talked about death and that it might be time for him to leave here and rest elsewhere. we kept talking and me teasing him and we laughing as usual.
when i hang up, i realized that i had soemthing to say to the whole world. it is very personal, but i wanted the whole world to read it. i want to tell the whole world about this man.
i started to write and kept the document as usual, TILL I CREATE A BLOG.
all i had in mind was him. the blog's name referred to him, the aim was his request and the first post went to him.
when everything was ready, i called him, explained the idea and read the first post to him.
he was extremely happy, and i felt like flying at the 7th sky for making him happy like that.
he asked me to keep writing and keep the aim of the blog "keep the kindness, Hebba"
2. What are your 3 best memories?
- my very first working day. i felt that my independence is complete.
- when I saw Bernd again in 2004, after 17 years of his leaving Egypt. Back then i was happy to see him again, spend some time as a grown up woman, knowing that i might not see him ever again.
- my school days starting from grade 9. every moment passed during those 3 years has a very special meaning for me. even hard days of exams, bad days of results. even the cruel days of 12th grade. i hold those memories very close to my heart :)
3. If you had to change your real name what would you change it to?
I love this name. no specific reason. i just love it
4. What are five things you can't live without?
5. What are the 4 best books you've ever read?
- Tueasdays with Morrie (Mitch Albom)
- The Promise (Danielle Steel)
- Nizar Qabbany's poems
- Literature written after the 2nd World war
- "Nachts schlafen die Ratten doch" a short story for Wolfgang Borchert
6. Tell me something unique and interesting about yourself.
I love to dance. never practiced. but would love to learn different dances one day.
7. What do you love best about yourself?
my soft heart. All i know is i dont want it to harden, that's why i am trying to keep it safe from getting hurt.
8. What is the best movie ever made?
For me they are 2, which i can't live without- and cant resist watching, whenever possible:
- The Promise
- You've got mail
9. If you had a "Freaky Friday" experience who would you trade places with and why?
A mother of 6 children.
I adore kids, always wished to have 12 kids- or even more.
10. What's the best part about being a woman?
This is what I am trying to find out till now :))))
I'm giving this 'Super Comments Award'
- Neisy ( i know Barry already awarded you :))